- Use text based discussions to support the classroom.
- Compare methods of text based discussions.
- Analyze instructional routines for improving comprehension.
- Evaluate efficacy of focusing on content knowledge versus strategy instruction.
Masters’ Students: Gee, J.P. (2004). Situated Language and Learning. A Critique of Traditional Schooling. Chapters four through six.
- Publish two posts to your blog based on the readings.
- Respond to the prompts posted by this weeks leaders.
- Masters: Choose one of the two topics below to debate. Use additional research and the readings provided for evidence to support your claims.
- Should we level books?
- Strategy Instruction or Content Knowledge?
- Certification: Find three videos of comprehension strategy instruction. Identify the common components of a mini-lesson and critique the instruction.