- Describe methods for teaching phonemic awareness.
- Compare methods for assessing phonemic awareness.
- Develop a poster of common phonics patterns
All Students: Yopp, H. K., & Yopp, R. H. (2000). Supporting phonemic awareness development in the classroom. The Reading Teacher, 130-143.. Read and annotate.
Certification Students: Elementary Literacy. Read and annotate chapter three.
Masters’ Students: Gee, J.P. (2004). Situated Language and Learning. A Critique of Traditional Schooling. Read and annotate chapter 2 and 3 of Gee.
- Complete two blog posts based on the readings
- Find and review three videos for teaching phonemic awareness.
- Create and share a poster of common phonics patterns.